Last year, in honor of my 30th birthday, I made a list of 30 adventures I would try with my tots throughout the year. Well my 31st is tomorrow and it’s time you readers read about our progress.
1. 360 on my snowboard I accomplished this in the sloppiest way possible. 2. Front side board slide on a box This wasn’t pretty either. 3. Teach Big E downhill skiing He did great! 4. Try cross country skiing with the tots Thanks Sundance Nordic Center. 5. Snowshoe excursion up Provo Canyon 6. Snowmobiling trip to Island Park, Idaho Unfortunately this trip ended with sickness and broken ribs. 7. Hike to Stewart Falls with Big E walking the whole time He was great! 8. Visit a National Park I’m planning to do this in August. 9. Have a neighborhood bonfire where we burn our dry Christmas tree (Fire = Awesome) The fire marshal personally handed out fire warnings this year so we ended up burning our dry Christmas tree in sections. 10. Try canoeing with the tots CLAS Ropes Course is awesome. 11. Bike ride road trip Rustler’s Loop, Fruta, Colorado
12. Hike to a mountain top I’ve done plenty of hikes, but I can’t remember one to a mountain top.
13. Explore something new The tidepools at Carpinteria were awesome. 14. Go to the beach I miss this already. 15. Go camping I’ll be doing this a lot. 16. Watch a caterpillar change Does this count? 17. Mountain bike down a mountain…without the tots Rustler’s Loop again. 18. Grow a garden This is quite a feat in my shady, mountain area frequented by deer. 19. Teach Big E to swim 20. Hike to a waterfall Battlecreek Falls, Baby!
21. Go fishing I decided fish are yucky unless someone else catches them.
22. Visit Italy with Mountain Dad
23. Explore Portland, Oregon
24. Go boating
25. Swim 200 meter freestyle without stopping I’m not sure why I wrote this goal, I’m not a big swimming fan.
Try outdoor cooking with a reflector oven Good experiment, but the food got mushy. 27. Kayak the Provo river with Mountain Dad and Big E, and little G. 28. H ike to a great swim spot in Zion National Park! 29. See a moose or bear in the wild
So I only accomplished 25 out of 30 but I still had lots of fun outdoor adventures with the tots. I’m already looking forward to all the adventures to come and I hope you all enjoy reading about them with me.