Last week I spent a few days at Outdoor Retailer – the largest trade show for outdoor gear in the country. Every six months companies from coast to coast come to show what they’re all about. This summer I got to check out some really cool products, some of which I had seen before and some that were totally new to me. Here’s my list of favorite finds from the show.
|photo from www.gosunstove.com|
1. Go Sun Stove – This tube of insulated glass can cook food using only solar power. Plus it’s light (only 3.5 lbs) and eco-friendly.
|photo from www.fieldcandy.com|
2. Field Candy – I loved these kid friendly designs from British company Field Candy. So hip it hurt.
3. luminAID – A solar charged lantern that floats, blinks and lights up pretty.
4. ChicoBag – Packable, reusable storage bags including snack and produce options and many are made from recycled material.
5. Velo Bling Designs – Jewelry made from recycled bicycle parts. It even inspired this unique tattoo.
6. FireBuggz – Adorable roasting sticks for kids of all ages!
7. Monkey Mat – A portable floor for Baby L. I used it within an hour of getting it!
8. Bubi Bottles – So squeezable, these bottles are like a friendly squirty blob.
9. Stower – I didn’t know you could make electricity with fire and water. Live on Kickstarter.
10. Chapul – I dare you to eat cricket! These bars are made from cricket flour, a sustainable source of protein.
11. Pakems – Packable boots that come in a variety of colors, including a color your own pair!
13. Lunatec – I love the aquabot. Mister, shower, 25 foot squirt gun and water bottle all in one.
OK, so that’s a few more than ten. I just couldn’t decide what was best!