A big thanks to Hike Like a Woman for tagging me in their Rockin’ Outdoor Motherhood post. I love the idea of women sharing what they do well as mothers. In that post I was asked to share 10 ways in which I’m rocking motherhood.
Most people would feel awkward listing things they do well as a parent. To be honest I feel a bit uncomfortable too, but instead of being tentative I’m going to jump in with no excuses. Our polite society says it’s conceited to say or think nice things about yourself, but if you can’t recognize your own talents, how can you develop them?
So here’s how I’m Rocking Motherhood. No excuses.
10 Ways I’m Rocking Motherhood
- I enjoy spending time with my children.
- My family eats dinner together every day.
- I’ve taught my kids to ski.
- I speak Spanish with my kids so they’ll learn a second language.
- Daily (for the most part) I play outside with my kids.
- I limit my childrens’ screen time.
- My son hasn’t died yet despite severe food allergies.
- Reading is important to me. My kids and I read together every day.
- I try to say yes more than no.
- I pray with my kids every day.
Writing this list helped me remember why I started blogging in the first place. Five years ago I wanted to give myself credit for any efforts I made that were above and beyond the clean-my-house cycle of stay-at-home mothering I found myself in. I wanted to mother intentionally, not just raise my kids as an afterthought to the rest of my life.
Being outdoors brought me joy (still does) and I wanted to share that joy with my kids.
Those initial desires grew into this Mountain Mom and Tots blog, which has been a constant in my life for the last five years. It’s a place where I can share my efforts in trying to be a better mom and outdoor citizen. Posts like this are the reason I blog in the first place.
For more stories of being an outdoors mom check out my Motherhood Moments tab. That’s where I share thoughts and lessons I’ve learned about being a Mountain Mom. Psst…Motherhood Moments posts are my favorite to write.
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10.
- Tag some bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.
See you in the Outdoors!