It’s that time of year again. Time for my annual Holiday Gift Guide! If you need gift ideas for the outdoor lover in your life, you’ve come to the right place.
This year I’m doing something a little different. Instead of just sharing my gift suggestions, I’m actually giving some lucky readers gifts through my Beat Black Friday giveaway week! Over the next few days I’ll be hosting three awesome giveaways with your outdoor family in mind.
Come back November 18-25, 2016 for a chance to win over $400 worth of prizes!
Holiday Gift Guide
Now for the main event. Here’s my top picks for Holiday Gifts! All of these products have been used and abused by me, my family and friends and are on my wish list too. Add them to your wish list too with the affiliate links below. Plus most are $30 or less.
- Timolino – We loved trying out Timolino products for our perfect picnic giveaways earlier this year. Their hydration bottles, coffee mugs and insulated thermos products are great for meals on the go. Prices range from $15.00-$52.00.
- Vionic – These fashionable shoes offer amazing arch support, and their relax slipper just made the list of Oprah’s Favorite Things 2016! Slippers cost $59.95-$89.95.
- Oakiwear – Weatherproof gear for kids. Can you get any cuter? Prices range from $19.99-$59.99 (more for neoprene waders).
- Liquid Hardware – Insulated stainless steel bottles with an innovative magnetic lid. One of my top picks from Winter Outdoor Retailer this year, Liquid Hardware’s new wide mouth Aurora model is priced at $30.00.
- Timpworx Duct Tape Survival Tool – My favorite new product, mostly because it was developed by Mountain Dad himself! A mini emergency kit with fire starter, compass, hand-tooled whistle and of course the ever useful duct tape. Priced at $30.00.
- Sea to Summit – The most awesome camp kitchenware I’ve ever used. Their X series foldable silicone pots, plates and bowls pack up tight, are super durable and are fun to play with. Prices range from $5.95-$79.95.
- Woom Bikes (pronounced Voom)- The best kids bikes I’ve ever used. With costs ranging from $199 – $529 these bikes are not cheap, but they are so worth it. Read our full review here.
- Blackfire – The Clamplight makes an easy hands free flashlight option for only $27.99. My kids love the Blackfire Backpack and Clamplight Mini models.
My Top Holiday Gift Pick
While great gear is essential for a positive outdoor experience, I caution you to only get what you need. It’s so much better to spend your time, money and effort on GETTING OUTDOORS. Get enough gear to make the experience positive, but don’t overburden yourself with more things to maintain, clean, and carry.
That’s why my top gift suggestion for any outdoor lover is to give the gift of adventure. Plan a camp out. Take rock climbing lessons. Learn how to sail. Experiences make great gifts.
At our house Santa writes a letter to any kid who made the nice list, congratulating them on a job well done and giving them an activity of their choice as a gift. Skiing, sledding, visiting the aquarium or going to a jumping gym were just a few suggestions. Once you’ve got the gear, get out there!
More Holiday Gift Guides
Brave Ski Mom – The Brave Ski Mom Holiday Gift Guide, 2016